Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Mittens ready, no snow

I love hanging my collection of little mittens. I wish I had certain little people here to fill those little mittens!

My daughter has been baking, my husband has been shopping and I've been busy doing nothing productive. I'm having a little trouble feeling festive this year. I miss my family, especially my son and his children. I hope next year we can all be together, either in California or here in North Carolina.

My husband and daughter both nixed the idea of me wearing my fabulous Christmas corsage to church on Sunday, saying I looked like a crazy old lady (which I am.) But I just read about using the corsages as tree decorations on a favorite blog, One Gal's Trash. Great idea! I feel like my efforts at crafting won't go to waste.

3 comments:

April said...

That's sad-your corsages were so cute!! I have been wearing mine all month, and people LOVE it. I feel sorta like a rock star;)

Heidi said...

I have to laugh...it seems the last couple years I wear "funny" corsages, vintage brooches and any handmade brooche I want to church! I'm loving the freedom...I think others WISH they could pull it off!

You mitten swag/garland is darling. I know what you mean about family being far. My parents live in another state. We never see them at Christmas. I have a sister in VA and one in NC, too! So you can keep her company!

Merry Christmas to your family!
Hugs, Heidi

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

A mitten collection...I love it! Now if only I lived someplace where mittens were more plentiful...