Saturday, January 24, 2009

Chicken Love

I've been working on some Valentine collages lately, which reminded me of one I made a few years ago that featured my chickens and myself. It has a cutout of me wearing an apron, holding "Pearl" and "Luna," two of my pets. I used some of their feathers around the outside edge and some vintage dictionary pics and words in the background. The picture is a little dark and you can't see the tiny polka dot fabric that is the bottom layer of the collage. It's just a little thing I hang in my room, but it reminds me of my sweet chickens and those sunny days at our log cabin.

5 comments:

April said...

Love it-that is so creative!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I love the feathery edges!
Blessings, Kim

Joyce's Journey said...

Wow! I love the collage! You did such a nice job and you look so cute in that picture!!

Jayme said...

Thanks for the kind words. The picture I used is from 5 years ago, and I'm less blonde, less slim and chicken-less now. While I won't regain the first two anytime soon, I hope to have chickens again someday!

Anonymous said...

this is fantastic!! love it!
xo natalea