I feel so special! Heidi at http://everyday-cookies.blogspot.com/ presented me with this award. She has been so sweet to me, leaving comments and welcoming me to the blog world. I am in awe of her talent and creativity. She must never sleep! I hope I can meet her someday, maybe at Silver Bella 2009. I'll do my best to follow the rules regarding this award. I'm supposed to list 7 things I love and then pass it on to 7 deserving bloggers. I love:
1. Little baby feet. I just want to kiss 'em! Those little fat toes make me melt.
2. Cherry tomatoes. I could probably eat my weight in sweet, just picked off the vine cherry tomatoes. I always try to grow a few pots of them on my deck, but I never grow enough. I'm going to try one of those hanging upside-down plants next summer.
3. Gardenias. The smell always takes me back to summer nights, leaving an all-day visit to my cousin's house with lots of swimming in their pool. My Aunt Vona would always hand a few just picked ones to my mom through the car window as we were leaving for home. That intense smell would fill the car and send me off to sleep.
4. Ashville, North Carolina. It's only about 2 hours away and we visit a couple of times a year. I love the Biltmore, especially the grounds. We always wander downtown, hitting Malaprop's Bookstore, The Chocolate Fetish, a few galleries, The Captain's Bookshelf and a few bead stores. I'd like to stay at the Grove Park Inn next time.
5. Kewpies. I don't know why I'm so in love with these little characters.
6. Dwight Yokum. I'm really more of a rock and roll music lover, but after seeing Dwight in concert at the Santa Barbara County Bowl years ago, I really became a fan.
7. Watching fat chickens wandering in the yard. I used to have 12 chickens, all sorts, all colors that I ordered special from a hatchery. I really loved Seymour, an arcuna that layed beautiful pale aqua eggs. Unfortunately, they didn't survive our move to the farm (foxes I think) and I haven't replaced them. It just broke my heart to lose them.
Seven things I love!
I don't know seven bloggers personally, and I hope the few I do don't mind me tagging them:
- My daughter at Butter Snatcher because she's brave and has jumped right into the blogging world. http://buttersnatcher.blogspot.com/
- April at Midwest Magpies because she has really cute stuff, including a really cute little girl. http://midwestmagpies.blogspot.com/
- Simply Thrift. I don't know this blogger personally, but I love her blog. She finds things I don't think I ever run across. She would be a fun treasure hunting partner. http://simplythrift.blogspot.com/
- Queen of Fifty Cents tells the best stories of yard saling. She isn't just out shopping, she's observing and connecting with all kinds of interesting people and pets. I love her creativity with her finds. Check out the amazing shoes she just crafted. I think she might work in a library. Lucky! http://queenoffiftycents.blogspot.com/
I'm only able to come up with 4 bloggers to pass this on to right now, but I'll try to get 3 more soon. Thanks again Heidi for making me feel special.